Monday, July 26, 2010

Super Duper Burger

LAURA: Some changes are coming to the blog! We are soon getting a Los Angeles edition, or maybe Joan is just up and leaving me! Joan will be there this week and I'm getting a bit sad about it. Who will drive hours with me to eat at a restaurant? Who will encourage me to order dessert after I've eaten a 1/2 lb. cheeseburger? I will be holding auditions shortly for a new Joan, anyone interested?

For Joan's last food weekend in the Bay Area we decided to eat everything we can and leave nothing on the plate. Our first stop in San Francisco was Super Duper Burger in the Castro. Super duper delicious. We used our blog press pass (aka Joan's connections) and got an in-depth look and taste of this stellar burger place. All the meat is ground and delivered every morning from Niman Ranch and the rest of the ingredients are local to the area. I had the daily special- a green peppercorn bacon burger with jack cheese. That's a lot of my favorite things in one food item. It was, for lack of better words, Super Duper!









 The house-made lemonade with brown sugar was pretty good too! Joan received a double burger and strawberry milkshake made from the soft serve ice cream and we shared the garlic parmesan fries. This was the perfect start to a food coma day. I also believe this is the first time we are photographed together, ever!



(I don't know if you can see it through the window, but Super Duper is located directly across the street from Gold's Gym. Evil geniuses.)


I will post more on where else we ate later, but you should definitely go to Super Duper Burger soon! Joan, I will miss you and your food-centric ways. I know you'll explore LA in search of yummies and Matthew Gray Gubler.


JOAN'S EDIT: Lies. We were photographed together here




No comments:

Post a Comment