Friday, July 2, 2010

Joan: IT-ly? What the hell's she doing in IT-ly?!?

Per Twitter, it looks like MGG’s going to Rome…jealous! Just think; gelato, prosciutto, pizza, Prada, and PASTA.

Vespas freak me out, but I'm a big fan of most things Italian. I want to see the domes in Florence, the canals in Venice, the clothes in Milan...although I don't think I want to see the Leaning Tower, just because with my luck it would choose that moment to topple right over. (On me, no less) Sigh. Have you ever read EM Forster's A Room with A View? I'm semi-convinced I will find the love of my life in an Italian Pensione and never want to leave.

Sadly the closest I’ll get to Italy in the near future will be going in to work later where my memories will consist of explaining the difference between penne and linguine, and of children loading up their straws to spit apple juice at me.

Wish we could go with you, Matthew, but it looks like we’ll just have to settle for watching the most fantastic movie ever made about Italy… Only You starring Academy Award Winner Fisher Stevens, and some guy named Robert Downey Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment